One of our friends mentioned on her blog that there was nothing to watch on TV this summer. Jeremy and I chose to fill this dead TV time with reality cooking shows...embarassingly...three of them. Our favorite, though, was The Next Food Network Star. Rory, the girl that was the runner up, is from Vega, Texas (about 35 miles west of Amarillo). On the last episode, they mentioned that she had opened her own restaurant in Vega, so of course we had to go! The whole experience was fantastic, especially the food. Jeremy even got to see Rory! So for anybody that is traveling through, fan or not of the show, you must stop and eat there.
Did I mention that DMama and Uh were here for all of this? Before I move to the last part, I should mention that we all love icecream. Somehow, Jeremy had scoped out that Blue Bell Creameries was going to be at Thompson Park today, giving a history of Blue Bell icecream and more importantly, giving it away. So off we went! Abby is modeling her Blue Bell hat and sticker that she was also given while there.

No comments:
Post a Comment