Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mt. Everest






I compared the first part of Spring Break to Cancun so it is only fitting that I compare the second part to climbing Mt. Everest. Last Wednesday, DMama and Uh brought Abby's cousins, Kelsey and Braleigh to visit for a couple of days. One of the highlights of their visit was a trip to Jump'n Jive. While there, Abby did the almost 3 years old equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest. She climbed (with quite a bit of help) and slid down an almost vertical slide time and time again. The crazy part about it is that she LOVED it...leaving me to realize, once again, that Abby is much braver than myself...and also to start mentally preparing myself for the call someday that she has decided to climb Mt. Everest.
One night that Abby's cousins were here, they (not Abby of course) stayed in a hotel which allowed for more swimming, bed jumping, and dinner from McDonald's, not to mention staying up too late, playing, and giggling! Overall, I think it was a perfect week for a little girl (and hopefully her cousins)...who is now sleeping soundly in her bed.
On a slight side note, some of you may be wondering how baseball is going. I am happy to report that the Borger Bulldogs won their first district game against Levelland this weekend. In Abby Grace's words, "Hip hip hooray!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hip Hip Hooray" is right. Go Bulldogs!!
I am a witness--Abby Grace is quite the climber. There was not a scared bone in her body! She is a little daredevil!!

Unknown said...

i love my little cousin abby grace!:)