Tomorrow is the day where children across Texas say sayonara to summer. Around 7:30 in the morning, that big yellow school bus will arrive and children will excitedly load for another year full of adventures and learning. Tomorrow is no different around our house...well, except that sweet Abby had to go to school all summer this year (except for the last 2 weeks) and that, thank goodness, she is not riding a school bus yet. Actually, I seriously doubt Abby will ever ride a bus to school...but...I digress. I have Abby's first day of school outfit perfectly layed out on her dresser, her lunch is essentially packed, and her backpack and napmat are beside the door. More importantly, I think she is excited. We went on Friday to meet her new teachers, Ms. Askins and Ms. Lee. They have their room decorated in frogs and have a lot of new toys on the shelves just waiting to be played with. Abby remained pretty shy and clingy through most of the visit but warmed up some when they showed her how she'll get to bathe a baby. So...we'll see.
Oh, and if you have two seconds, please say a quick prayer for all of the kiddos, parents, and teachers starting school tomorrow. It is a big day for everybody in so many ways!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment