Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Traffic Laws


It's only 1:00 pm, and twice today I have already been part of a conversation similar to this. "I better hang up. I'm about to drive into a school zone."

You are probably aware that a whole slew of new laws went into effect today, but in case you somehow missed it, a few of the most pertinent ones to our daily lives include:
1. Everybody, no matter what the age or where they are riding, must wear seatbelts.

2. All children under the age of 8 must be in a carseat/booster seat unless they are at least 4'9" tall.

3. You cannot talk on a cellphone or text while driving in a school zone.
So I guess Abby can now write the DPS a note, thanking them for saving her the embarrassment of being the only 2nd grader still riding in a carseat in a few years...

1 comment:

The Bradley Clan said...

Nicolas was already a 2nd grader in a booster seat, and it was non-negotiable even before the new law! Interestingly enough, the city of Bryan has decided not to enforce the ban on cell phone use in school zones at this time, nor has College Station, I believe.