
One of my favorite times of year as a coach's wife is having the opportunity to attend sports banquets. Why? The list is quite long so I will just share a few of my reasons. 1. I get to dress up. 2. I get to see all of the kids dressed up. 3. The food is usually pretty good. 4. The guys have become, on some level, my sons, and everybody knows parents love to see their kids shine. 5. I am always impressed by Jeremy as he delivers his speech. Speaking of speeches, Jeremy surprised me with his this year. After rehashing the team's season and thanking a few people, he started in on a spill about the biggest heckler in the stands...how she could really get into the other team's heads and could be heard across the ballpark. Then came the punchline, "Abby, would you like to demonstrate?"
So Abby, in her loudest and best heckling voice, yelled, "Hey, Batter batter batter...Swing!"
Way to Go Bulldogs for completing your season with a record of 18-9-1. We are proud of you!!
Oh, and what did we do the day after the sports banquet? We went to get icecream, as Jeremy had bribed Abby if she would do her cheer the night before. That, and Abby started asking, "Mama, when football start?" It doesn't take this child long to recover and move on to the next sport!!
No comments:
Post a Comment