Thursday, October 9, 2008

Camping in a Tent

4-Wheelin' (staged picture!!)
Daddies and Kids
Thanks Jackson for taking me for a spin!

So for Jeremy's birthday, he wanted to go camping (in a tent). Abby Grace was naturally excited beyond belief about the prospect. And I, well I seriously considered staying home. But as it turns out, Abby wanted me to go too, so off we went. And other than the fact that my car dangerously overheated on the way and that we didn't get there with the air mattress pump and that I drowned Jeremy's cell phone, we had a great time! We camped near Lake Meredith beside the Canadian River's dried up bed. A few of the other coaches and their sons also joined us (wives were out of town or conveniently busy) but Abby and I did just fine being the only girls. In fact, she had a blast hanging out with the boys...I know, scary thought. They even dug a huge and deep trench which they covered with dead grass to "protect Abby from intruders." It was quite the booby trap and I was extremely careful not to go behind our tent after it was dark for fear that I would fall in. And sleeping on the ground wasn't such a bad experience either, however I was very pleased to return to my comfy bed the following night. So the question is, "Will Laura Kate go camping (in a tent) again?" "Probably...just not tomorrow."

No comments: