Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crazy Lady!!

Well, we all know who she is thanks to The Biggest Loser on NBC. But what I didn't realize, was how crazy Jillian Michaels is...until last Friday when I decided to embark in her 30 Day Shred adventure. I have never been a fan of workout videos; I think their sole purpose is to collect dust and make you feel guilty for the fact that they are collecting dust. In addition, why can't somebody just go walk or run? I'll tell you why!! Because that somebody has a 3-year old daughter who prefers to stop and pick dandelions every 5 steps. So that and a little encouragement from Big Mama sent me to Target to buy this thing. There are 3 levels, and myself, really thinking I am in pretty decent shape decided to humor Jillian for the first day by starting with level 1. Well, let me tell you, Jillian got the last laugh. I spent the entire weekend licking my wounds. By Tuesday, though, it had gotten easier so I decided to move up to level 2 today. How much harder could the second level be? Next to impossible...that is how hard! So once again, Jillian got the last laugh!

The dying question though is does the torture chamber work? The answer is "without a doubt, YES!!!" I was already seeing and feeling results by day 4. So if you can endure a little pain and suffering, then I highly recommend this video. You are welcome Jillian Michaels for the advertisement.

1 comment:

The Bradley Clan said...

I am now quite tempted to try out this video workout. I'm so with you on how hard it is to get in a workout. The only way I ever manage it is that we have a gym membership where I can put the kids in the nursey up to 2 hours a day. And then there's school stuff that makes it even more difficult to find the time, so that I barely find the time to make it there twice a week. At least summer is here, which means I'll leave the kids in the nursey while I swim laps (which I don't need as much motivation to do) and then relax by the pool until my 2 hours are up!