Other than the fact that I think this picture is sweet beyond words, I have no other reason for posting except that...
Abby Grace still loves her new class and teachers and is doing so well in her new environment. Not that she wasn't previously doing well, but class changes can be stressful for her.
Yesterday, when I picked Abby up, Mrs. Askins was waiting for me in the office (uh oh), but as soon as I saw her face I knew she was bursting at the seams to tell me something. She and Ms. Lee had apparently been working with Abby to say "I like," or "I want," as opposed to "Me like" or "Me want." And it worked! When Abby was finished with her lunch yesterday, she got Mrs. Askins's attention and told her, "I ate." YAY! Abby's speech teacher was equally thrilled in that she can continue to work on pronunciation and leave the syntax part to somebody else. :)
They also reported that Abby and her "best friend" Hadley could be found together a big portion of the day. They were even holding hands on the playground. How sweet is that?
Finally, today, Abby even had to go find Mrs. Askins to say good-bye and told her, "I love you."
Isn't it wonderful when things are going well in your child's life?!?!

2 comments:
That is awesome news!! I am not so sure her cousin, Alex, is equally excited about school.
Even though the picture has nothing to do with the post, it is just about the sweetest picture ever!
Love u all! Dama
Post a Comment