Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cautiously Fearless


Since I'm in denial of summer being over (and technically it isn't since we haven't had Labor Day yet), I thought you might enjoy a quick update of Abby's swimming progress this summer. In a nutshell, the child is cautiously fearless when it comes to water. She can jump in holding no hands, go under, pick up rings off the bottom of the pool (sometimes with her feet), kick, and sort of doggy paddle as long as we pull her back up to the surface every couple of strokes. Interpretation: she knows just enough to drown. Plan: watch her like a hawk when near water and enroll her in swimming lessons next summer.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I hear ya. Kade had a near drowning a couple weeks ago. He WALKED in, and I was trying to stop him from doing it, but had Kambry in my arms. he is fearless.

Keri said...

Oh, and you need to post more pictures of yourself, you look AMAZING in this photo!