While riding in the car today (because all good conversations arise while in the car), Abby and I had the following conversation.
"Mama, who made me?"
Really, I know she is inquisitive but are 3 year olds supposed to ask such complex questions?
"Well, you are a perfect combination between your daddy and me. It is kind of like you are half Mama and half Daddy. But God is who really decided exactly who you would be."
Complex questions deserve complex answers.
"Okay, God made me. Who made you? Who made Daddy? Who made Sassy? Who made that hop over there (random jack rabbit)? Who made that house?"
All of which I answered about the same way until we got to the house question. Then I had to throw genetics, biology, and God out the window.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just wait, the questions get more and more complex and off the wall! 3 and 4 yr olds have the most uninhibited, brilliant minds!
Post a Comment