Monday, September 28, 2009

Theme for the Day: Sharing

Jeremy turns 33 on Thursday, and Abby has been planning his birthday party for about a week now. Today, she told me that because he doesn't have any toys, she is going to let him play with the toys in her room on his birthday.

I almost felt sorry for him.

As we left Wal-Mart today, Abby spotted a tree with "fall leaves" and asked me to pull over and pick some up so she could take them to school. I obliged, which led to me picking leaves off of the tree because none had actually fallen yet...I'm sure leaving the other Wal-Mart patrons to question my sanity. Anyway, while driving home, Abby and I chatted about how she could include fall leaves into her future career, amazed with how many things we came up with...florist, interior decorator, county agent, teacher, plantologist (sorry, the correct term escapes me right now). Finally, I told her that I just hope whatever she does when she grows up is something that she loves and is passionate about, commenting that I still sometimes wonder if I have truly found my passion. Her response? "Mama, when I get big, I do what I love and you do it with me. Then you will love it too."

I love how little minds think; everything is simply, well, simple.

Okay, I promise the trend toward talking posts will come to an end soon and be replaced with more pictures.

No comments: