So I'm in love with a little girl and her name is Abby Grace. :)I LOVE...
How she mimics my voice…words, tone, and expression.
How she came home from school today, suddenly calling me “Miss Mama” which I happen to like. I may even change my blog name. I mean, there is MckMama, Big Mama, and BooMama, so why shouldn’t I be Miss Mama?
How everything leads to at least 100 questions. While riding the bus back to Borger following a baseball game the other day…What that noise Daddy? What boys doing Daddy? Where going Daddy? Who that Daddy?
How she has suddenly figured out that you are supposed to pose for pictures (the one posted here).
How she prays, “Jesus loves me…Amen.”
How she works so hard to get her fingers to show 3 and the pure delight on her face as she tells me she is going to be 3 on her next birthday.
Her independence. If we give her her clothes 30 minutes before it is time to leave she will have them on by the time it is time to go (incredibly proud of herself). And we do not dare go into her room while she is attempting this feat.
That she is so nurturing. I had a headache on Saturday. She immediately climbed off the bed, stating she was going to get me a big pill (little pill is birth control which she also reminds me to take each day…this kid knows what she is doing!!). She soon returned with medicine and her cup of water so that I could take it.
When she hugs me and tells me, “Mama, my love you best.”
When she asks me every evening, “When Daddy going home?” and the giddiness from both of them when he does get home (even though I have to pretend to be irritated because I need her to go to sleep so I can study…okay, I usually am irritated, but deep down I love the sweetness of it all.)
That I have tears in my eyes even as I type because I love her so much.
Her take on babies. While eating dinner in a restaurant, she pointed to a baby across the way. “Mama, my want a baby like that one.” “Okay, Sugar.” “No, Mama, like that one.” “Oh, a real baby…and where do you think we are going to get a real baby?” “You go Wal-Mart tonight and buy one.” Laughter beyond belief!!!
And my list could continue forever…so maybe I’ll add more later…or maybe I’ll start posting a couple of things each week…or maybe these are both great intentions and I won’t get either of them done. Either way, I love you dearly, Abby Grace.

No comments:
Post a Comment