We hope everybody had a Happy Easter! We most certainly did. Abby Grace awoke this morning to a basket full of goodies and a yard full of eggs to hunt. It was pretty chilly outside but not half as cold as last year's Easter bunny experience. Then it was off to church which was followed by yet another Easter egg hunt. After a needed nap, Abby spent a large portion of the afternoon emptying candy from her eggs and sorting it.
Funny story of the week: Jeremy came home the other night and reported that he might have "bumped" the Easter bunny on his way home from school. I immediately gave him one of those looks that should be interpreted as, "Don't you dare torment our child like that!!!" But Abby never flinched; she just looked him square in the eyes and said, "You no run over the Easter bunny; you just teasing me Daddy." Way to go Abby!!
Saw a cool thing at church today: resurrection eggs. They are plastic eggs with items in them to remind children (and adults) of the reason we actually celebrate Easter. A couple of the components included a tiny donkey and a leather whip. I'm definitely going to have to try to find some of these before Easter next year!
Finally, I'm sure some of you are hoping for a birthday party update. We had party 1 of 3 on Saturday. It was a huge success but I don't have time to post about it yet...maybe in the next couple of days.

No comments:
Post a Comment